Jeremy Geist has been an incredibly important part of the Bench Mark Program team for over two years. Like many of our dedicated team members he has several roles including: mentor, Facility Manager and most recently, Strength Coach at our new location in Columbia, Pa. We asked Jeremy to answer some questions so that we could learn a little bit more about him and his personal investment in Bench Mark.
1. What has been your favorite thing about being a part of Bench Mark Program?
Building friendships with students and mentors at the gym
2. What do you hope the students can learn from you and your experiences?
There’s hope for making it past the hardships of your younger years. I had my own struggles that I hope I can give advice on to the younger generation.
3. Why do you think Bench Mark is so important to the Lancaster community?
A lot of these kids were not afforded the same luxuries that even the student one row over in class was given, but Bench Mark can help teach them that with a positive attitude and an ability to build confidence through physical fitness, anything can be overcome.
Tell us a little about yourself outside of Bench Mark…
1. What is your favorite sports team?
The Dallas Cowboys
2. If you were a superhero, what would you want your super power to be?
3. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What is your spirit animal?
An otter because if you watch otters they always seems to be having fun doing random stuff which represents my inner child, but they're also fiercely loyal to their companions.
5. If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
Passionate, caring, determined